Citizens of the Year: 1965 - 2015
Each year a nominating committee, appointed by the Chairman of the Board and chaired by the previous awardee, selects the Citizen of the Year, who is announced at the Chamber's Annual Meeting. Nominees must meet several criteria, below:
- Activities should be performed voluntarily and with self initiative OR individual could have received compensation for outstanding service to the community as part of their professional career.
- Activities should not be self serving or performed to advance self interests.
- Partisan political activities cannot be part of the evaluation.
- Unless very unusual circumstances occur only one nominee should be selected.
- Positive, loyal support of Richardson and the advancement of the business climate is an important criteria for selection.
- Successful businesspersons who have achieved state or national recognition and who have supported Richardson may be considered.
|Year||Citizen of the Year|
|2014||Dr. David Daniel|
|2013||Dr. Clayton Oliphant|
|2008||David Lawrence Zacharias, III|
|2007||Jim Von Ehr|
|2005||Geraldine W. Leftwich|
|2005||R. Frank Leftwich|
|2004||Michael D. Spence|
|2001||Charles W. Eisemann|
|1996||Max E. Kee|
|1988||Richard G. Dulaney|
|1986||Diane Sullivan Price|
|1981||Jerry P. Owens|
|1979||Ernest H. Randall, Jr.|
|1976||Raymond D. Noah|
|1967||Charles T. Boyle|
|1965||William E. Herr|